Advanced equipment and services for processing powder flavours
Flavours are mostly used to alter or improve a natural product’s taste. Generally, there are three groups of flavours: natural, nature-identical and artificial substances. Most flavours are produced in powder form for easy storing, packaging and transportation.
Spray drying is a commonly used technique to produce powder flavours, which have a longer shelf life and are easier to handle. In spray drying, the input is atomised into a stream of hot air. The atomised articles dry very rapidly, trapping volatile flavour constituents inside the droplets. The powder is recovered via cyclone collectors.
Advantages of spray drying ingredients
- Superior dissolving in both hot and cold liquids
- Improved heat and oxidative resistance
- Ease of handling for reduced contamination risk
- Creates a high impact flavour with a controlled flavour response
- Controlled particle size
- Low moisture content reduced risk of clumping
Spray drying of flavours is a core competency at SiccaDania
We manufacture advanced spray-drying equipment at our manufacturing facilities, and our specialists work alongside customers to help design entire spray-drying process systems based on individual requirements.